Why is it such a taboo to raise a girl? I could never understand why so many gasped at the fact we were having a girl 7 years ago. The gasps were always followed by a 'Good luck, you'll need it!'. Or the most recent comment, 'Boys will complete you!'.
Huh?
What about a child in general? Why do we as a society have to put such an emphasis on gender?
I love my child and wouldn't trade her for anything in existence, and here is why!:
-She tells me my hugs are soft, warm and cuddly
-She tells me when I need to take a shower
-She tells me if my outfit is a thumbs up or a thumbs down
-She tells me when I look pretty like a princess
-She tells me when I don't look pretty like a princess
-She tells me when dinner tastes so yummy that I MUST make it every day
-She tells me when I burnt dinner, again
-She tells me when to rest because I look tired
-She tells me to keep going even when I am tired
-She tells me I am special
-She tells me when she is angry with me
-She tells me when I make her smile
-She tells me if I made her cry
-She tells me everything is okay even when it doesn't feel okay
-She tells me that she is frustrated if life throws her a challenge
-She tells me 'Thank You mommy' when I've done something kind for her
-She tells me I need to take a deep breathe and try again
-She tells me I am the most beautiful person in the world
-She tells me when I need to fix things
-She tells me she needs me
-I tell her I NEED HER!!!
-I need her for her keen sense of humor
-I need her for her intelligence
-I need her for her theatrical spirit
-I need her for her laughter
-I need her for her imagination
-I need her for her wit
-I need her for her energy, sometimes crazy and sometimes calm
-I need her so I can watch her sleep
-I need her to show me the true meaning of life
-I need her to be strong and confident, always
-I need her to never stop saying what she feels
-I need her written words, they feed my soul
-I need her fun spirit and her silliness
-I need her warmth
-I need her annoying behaviour, sometimes
-I need her questions
-I need her answers
-I need her to read to me
-I need her songs and sweet lyric voice
-I couldn't LIVE without her!
My girl is everything rolled up into one amazing human being! Girl? Boy? I don't think it should ever matter in the end...a child is so many things and should be the most important no matter what!
And, MY CHILD completes me!!!
-Learn from the mistakes, grow from the bad, never repeat and continue on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment